• The Georgia Cotton Mills bought 300 bales of cotton.
• The Griffin City Council took over the hospital.
From the annals of 1937
• The Griffin-Atlanta Highway was to be re-surfaced.
• The Griffin ROTC unit was transferred to Wilmington, N.C.
From the annals of 1962
• The Griffin High golf team won the Class AAA state championship.
• The Griffin High baseball team won its fifth straight sub-region baseball title.
From the annals of 1987
• Ruth Martin was named Woman of the Year.
• The Salvation Army expanded its services.
From the annals of 2007
• Griffin native Jessie Tuggle was to be inducted into the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame.
• An attorney for the Curves Bar & Grill said that nude dancing would continue.
• The Spalding County Farm Bureau hosting its 13th Annual Farm Day.