• Plans were made for a Democratic Party rally with T.E. Patterson presiding.
• Fair work was not halting on account of rain.
From the annals of 1962
• Maj. Clayton Brown was named the top liaison officer.
• John Newton was promoted to vice president at Dundee Mills.
From the annals of 2007
• Griffin-area supporters of commuter rail had a petition that had more than 3,000 signatures.
• Jess Capel was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Army.
• The Spalding boys and girls cross country swept the Region 4-AAA meet. Will Ficklen finished second in the boys race and Jenna Wesley finished second in the girls race.