• Two freight trains wrecked at Orchard Hill.
• Gus Morrow bought an interest in The Griffin Daily News.
• Two were seriously injured in a car accident.
• It was reported that 868 were safe and 1,350 were missing after the sinking of the Titanic.
• Mt. Zion was planning a Sunday school celebration in May.
• Griffin was planning a Confederate Memorial Day program.
From the annals of 1962
• Arnold Palmer won The Masters.
• The Griffin baseball team beat South Cobb 9-1.
• Patricia Wilson married Bob Scroggins.
• Eddie Westmoreland was named the state STAR student.
• More than 60 nominations for Woman of the Year were received.
• A fifth birthday party was held for Hazel Hughes.
From the annals of 2007
• A Griffin pilot, Jesse Champion Jr., was killed in a plane crash in Harris County.
• The Griffin Ballet was to present “Coppelia.”
• Griffin native Cristal Beasley opened the Cookie Crumbs shop on North Hill Street.
• Lizzette Sherliza shot a hole-in-one at City Park in the Senior Games golf tournament.
• The Griffin High School Chorus placed first at the All-Star Music Festival in Orlando.
• Leah Barlow, qualified to represented the South Region at the United States Pony Club National Championships.