• The Griffin Daily News printed a speech “The soldiers of gray fought for principles as eternal as time.”
• More than $65,000 bonds for cotton mills were sold.
From the annals of 1937
— Mr. and Mrs. Charles Patterson hosted a barbecue.
— Mrs. W.H. Beck entertained members of the Domino Club.
From the annals of 1962
• Local parents were to meet a Griffin Auditorium to discuss the behavior of children.
• Jerry Pitts hit a grand slam as Griffin beat Marist 7-2.
From the annals of 1987
• There were many power outages during a storm in Spalding County.
• A Spalding County Sheriff’s car caught on fire.
From the annals of 2007
• A National Day of Prayer ceremony was held at the Spalding County Courthouse.
• University of Alabama head football coach Nick Saban visited Griffin High School.
• Chipper Jones was closing in on Dale Murphy’s Atlanta Braves career home run record.