• The railroads were granting special rates for the Spalding County Fair.
From the annals of 1962
• “King of Kings” was showing at the Imperial Theatre.
• Bobby Joe Conner spoke at a Northside PTA meeting.
From the annals of 2007
• The search continued for a new Main Street program director after the departure of Sande Cropsey.
• The Griffin football team clinched its fifth straight subregion championship after North Clayton beat Jonesboro 17-0.
• Mary Johnson, of Orchard Hill, was the canning grand champion at the Kiwanis Spalding County Fair for the fourth year in a row.