• It was announced that a cattle exhibit would be at the State Fair.
• The W.C.T.U. Convention was to be held Sept. 24-27.
• Many Griffin residents supported Woodrow Wilson for president and donated to his campaign.
From the annals of 1962
• Mrs. W.S. Proctor was to speak at the Wisteria Club.
• Detrel Kay Farrow married Jackie Hill.
• The Griffin High football team beat DeKalb 20-0.
• Sherry Martin celebrated her birthday.
• A birthday party was held for Keith Cox on his second birthday.
From the annals of 2007
• Spalding High’s Jenni-Lynne Smith pitched a no-hitter as the Lady Jaguars beat Henry County 17-0 in three innings.
• Area artist Andy Davis unveiled the model of the proposed General Griffin sculpture.
• The Griffin-Spalding Education Foundation raised $13,000 in grand money.
• Katie Lynn Corbett received the 2007 Sharp Scholarship at attend Young Harris College.