• Spalding’s delegation favored sending Thomas Watson as a delegate to the National Convention.
• Congress adopted a bill to abolish Commerce Court.
From the annals of 1937
• J.A. Kendall, 17, of Zebulon, was killed by lightning.
• Fanny Arnold Owens hosted a party for her cousin, Martha Mooney.
From the annals of 1962
• Pete Wheeler was to speak to the Kiwanis Club.
• Gwen Skrine was elected Jaycette president.
From the annals of 1987
• Bobby Milner signed a basketball scholarship with Kennesaw State.
• Local fourth graders were interviewed and the consensus was that homework was not good.
From the annals of 2007
• The Relay for Life had about 225 participate in the survivors’ lap.
• Spalding High’s Brandon Hermsmeir received the State FFA Degree.
• Steve Chafin was named offensive coordinator for the Spalding football team.