• The Sixth District Medical Society held a meeting in Griffin.
From the annals of 1962
• The Griffin baseball team opened the State AAA Tournament against Glynn Academy.
• Rep. Arthur Bolton spoke to Griffin honor graduates about leadership and responsibility.
From the annals of 2007
• Pike County High standout Hunter Strickland signed with the Boston Red Sox after being drafted in the 18th round of the Major League Baseball draft.
• A total of 540 students received their GEDs and 154 participated in a graduation ceremony at the First Assembly of God.