Gordon College coach Scott Henderson will teach the camp for K-6th graders. Cost, $85, includes ball and T-shirt. To learn more or register, call (678) 688-3858.
* FREE CHEERLEADING CAMP: The Spalding County Cheerleading Association will conduct a free cheerleading camp for ages 3-12 from 6-8 p.m., June 26-28 at the Griffin City Park gym.
Campers must pre-register online at spaldingparksandrec.com or in person at SCPRD’s main office at 843 Memorial Drive by June 21. For more, call (770) 467-4750.
* WILDLIFE WEEK: There will be an overnight camp June 25-29 at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Mansfield, Ga., for boys and girls between 11 and 12 years old.
Spend a week with Georgia DNR biologists, educators and naturalists learning about Georgia’s wildlife and natural resources, shooting sports, outdoor survival skills, hiking, camping, astronomy and more. Cost: $225 per camper. For more information, contact Julie Watson at 770-784-3059 email@example.com.
* SHERROD MARTIN FOOTBALL CLINIC: Sherrod Martin’s second annual free youth football clinic will be held from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on June 30 at the Griffin High practice fields. The age range is from 6-14 and the first 100 campers to sign up at sherrodmartin.com will receive free T-shirts.
Lunch as well as a camp T-shirt will be provided. Each participant will need to bring their own shorts and cleats to the camp. Please check sherrodmartin.com for more details.
* FREE GOLF CAMP: The SCPRD is holding registration for a free annual junior golf camp sponsored by Unlimited Door Foundation and conducted by Calvin Daniel from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon July 9-20 at Griffin City Park behind the community center.
No special equipment is needed — balls and clubs will be provided. Campers will learn grip, swing, stance, putting and more. Please pre-registration is required because space is limited for this very popular program. Register on line at www.spaldingparksandrec.com or at SCPRD’s Main office located at 845 Memorial Drive. For more, call (770) 467-4750.
* GIRLS OF THE GREAT OUTDOORS: This three-day camp, July 11-13 at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Mansfield, Ga., is designed to introduce young women, between the ages of 10 and 12, to a variety of outdoor skills and wildlife-related field studies. Activities will range from hiking, camping, stream and pond studies, fishing, shooting sports and more.
All programs will be led by women who are experts in their respective fields. Cost: $125 per camper. For more information, contact Julie Watson at 770-784-3059 firstname.lastname@example.org.
* JUMPING JOE WARD’S BASKETBALL CAMP UPDATED: Former Griffin High and NBA standout “Jumpin” Joe Ward Sr., will conduct a free youth basketball camp for boys and girls from 9 a.m., until 3 p.m., July 16-20 at Spalding High School.
Register on site. The camp, traditionally the best attended of all the free summer camps offered by the SCPRD — with daily attendance frequently topping 500 campers — is considered a fundamental skills camp. Ward, a former Mr. Georgia, and local staff will teach the camp both weeks. For more, call (770) 467-4750.