From staff reports
The Spalding County A.O.G. Shooters won the GRPA 4th District Men’s Industrial Equalizer softball tournament on Saturday in LaGrange.
The Shooters defeated Troup County Wal-Mart 16-11 in the championship game to earn a berth in the state GRPA tournament Aug. 4-5 in Gainesville. A.O.G. will play the winner of Dublin No. 2 and the state defending champion Dalton Carpets on Aug. 4 at 12:45 p.m.
In the championship game, Billy Shirah hit a home run, a triple and a single; Ron Byrd hit two doubles and two singles; Blake Higgins and B.J. Addison each had four walks and a single; Scott Smith hit a triple and two singles; and John Rape, Jamie Ogletree, Brett Perkins and Darrell Dotson each hit a pair of singles to lead the team in the win.
Others scores in the GRPA 4th District Men’s Industrial Equalizer softball tournament included:
- Spalding Co. Supreme 17, Emerson Network 10.
- Kleen Tex 11, Spalding Co. Caterpillar 6.
- Diverse Power 24, Spalding Co. A.E.P. 16.
- Spalding Co. Vernay 14, Coweta Co. Yamaha 7.
- Troup Co. Wal Mart 17, Spalding Co. Supreme 14.
- Spalding Co. A.O.G. 15, Diverse Power 14.
- Spalding Co. Vernay 9, LaGrange Grocery 7.
- Spalding Co. Supreme 8, Spalding Co. A.E.P. 3.
- LaGrange Grocery 10, Spalding Co. Caterpillar 3.
- Spalding Co. A.O.G. 20, Spalding Co. Vernay 10.
- Spalding Co. Supreme 15, Coweta Co. Yamaha 0.
- Spalding Co. Supreme 16, Spalding Co. Vernay 12.
- Spalding Co. A.O.G. 14, Troup Co. Wal-Mart 8.
- Spalding Co. Supreme 18, Clayton Co. Pools Pest Control 12.
- Troup Co. Wal-Mart 10, Spalding Co. Supreme 7.